- Stories must be submitted with an entry form to be considered. Complete all fields either online or on a printed form and submit with your story.
- Students must be in 5th to 8th grade and live in Douglas or Sarpy counties.
- Students may be enrolled in public, private, parochial or home school.
- Stories must be typed and no longer than 750 words.
- Entries must be original fiction featuring a character from a book you have enjoyed and read on your own. Identify the book and author from which your character originated in the title or subtitle of your story.
- Only one entry per contestant will be accepted.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- All entries become the property of Friends of Omaha Public Library (FOPL) and may be featured by Omaha Public Library on its website or social media.
- Deadline for entries is February 24, 2023.
Thanks for your interest! The contest is now closed.