Library cards are free to residents of Douglas County, Nebraska. If you are not a Douglas County, Nebraska, resident, see our nonresident options. Find out how to report a lost or stolen library card and/or how to replace it.
Check out up to 40 items, including books, CDs and DVDs. Please return items on time so that others may enjoy them. View loan periods on library materials.
To receive a library card:
- Fill out an application in person at any Omaha Public Library location or download the application form, opens a new window, fill it out and bring it into any OPL location.
- Photo ID and proof of your current address is required. If your ID doesn't have your current address, bring a legal document with your name and current address on it, or a piece of mail dated in the last 30 days.
- Youth requirements:
- Applicants ages 18 and under must also list a parent or guardian on the application.
- Applicants ages 13 and under must have a parent or legal guardian sign the application, or a parent signature must be returned later if the parent is not present at the time of application.
Douglas County residents can get an eCard online. An eCard provides instant access to digital materials and does not provide borrowing privileges of physical items and or holds on physical items. Patrons who already have an Omaha Public Library card do not need an eCard.
- eCard registration (Age 19 and up)
- eCard registration (Age 18 and under)
- Solicitud de tarjeta electrónica (19 años y más)
- Solicitud de tarjeta electrónica (18 años y menos)