Due to COVID-19 pandemic, volunteer opportunities are currently unavailable.
Apply to be a volunteer
Youth Application, opens a new window 11 - 18)
Adult Application, opens a new window (19 and older)
Summer Reading Program (SRP) Volunteer Application, opens a new window
Already a volunteer? Login here: myvolunteerpage.com, opens a new window
Benefits of volunteering at Omaha Public Library?
- Support library services for residents of Omaha and Douglas County.
- Select from a variety of tasks, including assisting with special events and programs.
- Gain new skills, such as teaching, organization, teamwork, and leadership.
Youth ages 11-18 (or still in high school) with $10 or more in overdue fines (not including lost or damaged fees) can clear their records and regain checkout privileges while gaining valuable experience through volunteering through the All Clear Program.
Submitting an Application
- Submit an application if you are interested in being part of our dedicated group of volunteers.
- Staff will contact you as opportunities that match your time, preferred locations, and interests are available.
- Applications will be kept on record for a period of one year.
- While we strive to place as many volunteers as possible within our organization, OPL may not be able to place each applicant.
- Youth and SRP Volunteer applications require a signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to the start of service.
- OPL does not currently accept volunteers who are completing community service per court order.
- Submit an application if you are interested in volunteering
- Contact your local library with any questions