Apply to be a volunteer, opens a new window
Benefits of volunteering at Omaha Public Library?
- Support library services for residents of Omaha and Douglas County.
- Select from a variety of tasks, including assisting with special events and programs.
- Gain new skills, such as teaching, organization, teamwork, and leadership.
Youth ages 11-18 (or still in high school) with $50 or more in lost or damage fees can clear their records and regain checkout privileges while gaining valuable experience through volunteering through the All Clear Program.
Submitting an Application
- Submit an application if you are interested in being part of our dedicated group of volunteers.
- Staff will contact you as opportunities that match your time, preferred locations, and interests are available.
- Applications will be kept on record for a period of one year.
- While we strive to place as many volunteers as possible within our organization, OPL may not be able to place each applicant.
- Youth and SRP Volunteer applications require a signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to the start of service.
- OPL does not currently accept volunteers who are completing community service per court order.
- Submit an application if you are interested in volunteering
- Contact your local library with any questions