Learning English? OPL has programs and collections to help you learn to read, speak and write English.
Free programs to help you learn and practice English.
- English Conversation: Join these free workshops and practice your English conversation skills in a relaxed environment! Non-native speakers who want to improve their pronunciation, vocabulary and fluency are welcome. Classes are at the Millard Branch. View the schedule here.
- English as a Second Language Class/Clase de Inglés como Segundo Idioma: Attend introductory English classes featuring instruction and practice time. Classes are at the Millard Branch. View the schedule here.
- Storytimes for children: Attend storytimes to practice listening skills and learn new vocabulary.
Library materials include:
- Books, Audiobooks, and DVDs to help you learn English
- English Language Learning Bags
- Literacy Collection
- TOEFL, IELTS and TOEIC guidebooks
- World Language Collection
- Mango Languages: Learn English with Mango Languages! Over 20 courses in Arabic, Chinese, French, Somali and others focused on English language learners.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Providers in Omaha Directory (printable list)
- Library Tours: Ask for a tour of your local library to find out about the many things the library can offer you.