This film is an introduction to the Omaha Public Library for newcomers to the community and for adult learners of English as a Second Language. It explains the concepts of libraries and presents them as a place of learning, discovery, and enjoyment. Subtitled in Arabic, Karen, Somali, Spanish, and Swahili with audio in English with options for Arabic, Karen, Somali, Spanish, Sudanese-Nuer, and Swahili.
This project is supported in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Nebraska Library Commission.
You can find the links to watch the videos on Youtube below or borrow the DVD from any OPL library.
- Arabic version | النسخة العربيةopens a new window
- English versionopens a new window
- Karen versionopens a new window
- version Soomaali | Somali version
- Version en español | Spanish versionopens a new window
- Sunda-Nuer Vérsi | Sudanese-Nuer versionopens a new window
- Kiswahili version | Swahili versionopens a new window