Omaha Public Library's top priority is providing the best service as safely as possible for library patrons and staff. In response to the ongoing pandemic, patrons can expect to see changes in OPL's guidelines, facilities, and services. These precautions are being taken to mitigate the risk of community spread of COVID-19, opens a new window.
- We ask all patrons experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home. Symptoms may include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and any new loss of taste or smell.
- Face masks are encouraged, but not required. Saddlebrook Branch, as part of a joint facility with Omaha Public Schools (OPS), will follow OPS guidelines regarding masks.
- Patrons are asked to maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from other people with whom they do not share a home.
- Branches are professionally cleaned daily. Staff are encouraged to clean frequently-used surfaces throughout the day.
- Some furniture and toys have been removed from branches.
- Plexiglass dividers will be in place between staff at information desks and visitors.
- Meeting and study rooms will not be available for public use until further notice.
- Computer stations have been physically distanced in accordance with CDC recommendations, opens a new window, therefore, computer sessions will be
- Boosted WiFi is available from OPL’s parking lots between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There will be no in-person programming until further notice, and patrons are invited to join us online for free, virtual programs for all ages.
- Test-proctoring services will not be available.
- Curbside service will continue, to keep our collection available to all. This option allows patrons to place items on hold through their online account or by calling the library. Once they receive a notification that their items are ready, they can make an appointment to pick them at their library branch. This service will continue after buildings have reopened, and will expand to be offered at all OPL branches during their normal hours.