Omaha Public Library (OPL) is working on a strategic plan to help guide library priorities and set goals for the next three to five years. Community input is an important component in this process. Anyone interested in the future of the OPL system is encouraged to attend a community forum to share their feedback and help to shape OPL’s next strategic plan. Participants will have opportunities to express their ideas, hopes and vision for the future of OPL, and hear from others in the community who are passionate about their libraries.
A community forum facilitator will moderate the discussion to ensure that all who attend have the opportunity to speak and to help maintain a respectful experience. Capacity limits for this event will be enforced. Forums will take place from 6:30-8 p.m. on the following dates:
- Thursday, October 7, Willa Cather Branch, 1905 S. 44th, 402-444-4851
- Tuesday, October 12, Millard Branch, 13214 Westwood Ln., 402-444-4848
- Thursday, October 14, South Omaha Library, 2808 Q St., 402-444-4850
- Monday, October 18, Milton R. Abrahams Branch, 5111 N. 90th, 402-444-6284
- Tuesday, October 19, Charles B. Washington Branch, 2868 Ames Ave., 402-444-4849
Those who cannot attend a public forum are encouraged to share their feedback through a brief survey that will be available online at omahalibrary.org and at all OPL branch locations, Oct. 1-22.
OPL’s last strategic plan was created 10 years ago, and much has changed in the world and our community since that time. A new strategic plan provides OPL with the opportunity to evaluate how to best meet the needs of the community it serves and create goals to help it become the best library system for Omaha.