Students taking online courses from local colleges, students enrolled in distance-learning programs, and adults taking exams for employment testing or job recertification may use test proctoring services provided by OPL.
Library staff will proctor tests. Constant supervision or a quiet environment cannot be guaranteed.
OPL charges fees for test proctoring. The current fee schedule is available at any OPL location.
Test takers must make an appointment with a designated staff member at least 24 hours in advance. No “drop-in” test proctoring is provided.
If the test requires a computer, library staff will provide computer time sufficient to administer the test.
Before taking a test, test takers must provide the necessary return postage if postage is not provided by the institution issuing the exam. Actual stamps or prepaid envelopes with exact postage are required. The library cannot accept money for postage.
- Tests will be returned via U.S. Mail, FedEx, or UPS.
- If institutions require the return of tests via fax machine or email, library staff will fax or scan tests for no charge. Fax machines may not be available at all library locations.
- Special handling requirements for returning tests cannot be accommodated.
Special software applications:
OPL staff will not proctor online exams that require the installation of special software or the modification of existing computer settings.
OPL reserves the right to cancel or postpone a proctoring session if any of the following occur:
- Test materials are not received in time
- Test materials require clarification
- Test materials incur any expenses other than postage
- Test materials otherwise exceed our ability to comply with the testing institution’s requirements
OPL staff shall have responsibility for enforcing this policy.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
of the Omaha Public Library October 14, 2008
Re-approved July 18, 2019