- Gale Courses: Online courses on business writing, creative writing, grant writing and publishing.
- Lynda.com: Take online classes from experts at your own pace, for free at OPL! Topics available include the craft of storytelling and screenwriting.
Local Literary Journals
- Burntdistrict : burntdistrict is an online journal of contemporary poetry from the editors of Spark Wheel Press.
- Fine Lines: Since 1991, Fine Lines has provided a place where creative writers share their written ideas. Our quarterly journal is dedicated to the writing development of all its members. What started out as a single classroom project is now a fifty-state network of authors who love the written word and developed into a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit educational organization.
- Prairie Schooner: Prairie Schooner, a national literary quarterly published with the support of the English Department at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the University of Nebraska Press, is home to the best fiction, poetry, essays, and reviews being published today by beginning, mid-career, and established writers.
Websites for Writers
- New Pages: New Pages provides news, information, and guides to literary magazines, independent publishers, creative writing programs, alternative periodicals, indie bookstores and writing contests.
- Poets & Writers: Founded in 1970, Poets & Writers is the nation’s largest nonprofit organization serving creative writers. Their mission is to foster the professional development of poets and writers, to promote communication throughout the literary community, and to help create an environment in which literature can be appreciated by the widest possible public. You can also find this resource in our catalog.
- She Writes : She Writes supports, encourages and educates writers, providing them with a place that is both inspirational and practical. It is the largest online community and content site for women writers at every stage of their writing lives, working in every genre and representing every generation – all around the world.
- Writers Helping Writers: Writers Helping Writers offers help and support to empower writers everywhere.This site has many one-of-a-kind tools and resources for writers, editors and teachers.