OPL challenges you to read more adventurously in 2019!
Mix up your reading routine and explore new literary realms in the coming year! OPL librarians have created a series of reading challenges to help you stretch beyond your reading comfort zone. Tackle them in order or mix it up; take on one each month, or knock them out on your own timeline! Complete the following 12 challenges to broaden your horizons and qualify to win prizes:
- January: Read an author's debut novel.
- February: Read a book in one sitting.
- March: Read a book by a Nebraska author.
- April: Read a book from OPL's 2018 Top Shelf list.
- May: Read a book by an author of color.
- June: Read a book set in a different country than your own.
- July: Read a comic book or graphic novel.
- August: Read a collection of short stories or essays.
- September: Read a book published in 2019.
- October: Read a book related to your ancestry.
- November: Read a classic that's new to you.
- December: Read a memoir or biography.
As you read or listen your way through books for each challenge listed, log them on this printable reading challenge tracking sheet to help monitor your progress. Starting April 1, 2019, you may enter your reading log online or submit your completed tracking sheet at your nearest OPL branch. All completed submissions will be entered into a drawing for some fun literary-themed merchandise!
OPL librarians will suggest titles related to challenges monthly throughout the year, though you are welcome to choose any books that fit the challenge criteria. Library staff are happy to make reading recommendations whenever you need them. Just ask in person, fill out a custom reading list request online or call your local branch!
All completed tracking sheets or online challenge form entries must be received by December 31, 2019, to be entered into the prize drawing.
If you have any questions about the 2019 Reading Challenge, contact Melanie at email@example.com.