All are invited to share the love at Omaha Public Library (OPL) leading up to Valentine's Day. OPL is hosting several Valentine's-themed programs, Feb. 9-16, for patrons of all ages to enjoy. Some events may have age recommendations or registration requirements. All events are free to attend. Call the hosting branch or visit omahalibrary.org for more information.
Friday, Feb. 9
- 10:30 a.m.: Valentine’s Day Storytime at Florence Branch, 2920 Bondesson St., 402-444-5299
- 7 p.m.: Speed Dating (Ages 25-35, 35-45)* at W. Dale Clark Main Library, 215 S. 15th St., 402-444-4800, registration required
- Saturday, Feb. 10, 10:30 a.m.: Valentine’s Day Storytime & Craft at Charles B. Washington Branch, 2868 Ames Ave., 402-444-4849
Sunday, Feb. 11
- 1:30 p.m.: Valentine’s Day Family Craft at Milton R. Abrahams Branch, 5111 N. 90th St., 402-444-6284
- 1:30 p.m.: Speed Dating (Ages 45-55, 56+)* at W. Dale Clark Main Library, registration required
- Monday, Feb. 12, 10 a.m.: Valentine’s Day Toddler Storytime at Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch, 2100 Reading Plz., 402-289-4367
- Tuesday, Feb. 13, 6:30 p.m.: Valentine’s Day Family Storytime at Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch
Wednesday, Feb. 14
- 10:30 a.m.: Valentine’s Day Preschool Storytime at W. Dale Clark Main Library
- 4 p.m.: Valentine’s Day Bird Feeder Craft for Kids at Charles B. Washington Branch
- Thursday, Feb. 15, 6:30 p.m.: Teen Valentine’s Day Aftermath Party at Milton R. Abrahams Branch
- Friday, Feb. 16, 1 p.m.: Candy Science at Millard Branch, 13214 Westwood Ln., 402-444-4848, registration required
*Single men 35+ are still sought for Speed Dating on Feb. 9 and Feb. 11. Learn more at omahalibrary.org or by calling event coordinator Amy Mather at 402-444-3399. All available spots for women are full.
Visit omahalibrary.org for information on additional events at Omaha Public Library’s 12 locations.