Are you retired, thinking about retiring soon, or simply ready to start planning for life after work? Join Omaha Public Library for a series of retirement transition workshops that will guide you in making the most of your retirement, financially. Experts will be available to discuss Medicare options, Social Security, tax-efficiencies and more. All programs are free, but space is limited. Register to attend any of these programs online at omahalibrary.org or by calling the hosting location.
Medicare Community Meeting: Laura Weiler from Compass Benefits will provide information and tools helpful in making informed decisions about Medicare options and coverage.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, noon, at A.V. Sorensen Branch, 4808 Cass St., 402-444-5274
- Thursday, Nov. 7, noon, at Millard Branch, 13214 Westwood Ln., 402-444-4848
Social Security Strategies: Financial Advisor Lauren DeGroot from Sequent Planning will share how to make the most of your Social Security decision and integrate it with other retirement income sources.
- Tuesday, Nov. 5, 6:30 p.m., at Benson Branch, 6015 Binney St., 402-444-4846
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m., at W. Clarke Swanson Branch, 9101 W. Dodge Rd., 402-444-4852
Tax-Efficient Retirement: Joe Elsasser from Sequent Planning will present how to coordinate IRA withdrawals, savings and Social Security to make your retirement money last longer.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 6:30 p.m., at Benson Branch
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 6:30 p.m., at W. Clarke Swanson Branch
Visit omahalibrary.org for more information on these and additional events and resources at Omaha Public Library’s 12 locations.