Omaha Public Library (OPL) is pleased to announce that library patrons may begin returning borrowed items on Tuesday, May 19.
OPL will accept returns of borrowed items at the library branches which are providing curbside service during open hours. Because not all library locations are currently staffed, OPL will not accept returned items at locations where curbside service is not offered.
May 26-29, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., curbside service will be available at the following locations and days:
- Milton R. Abrahams Branch | 5111 N. 90th St. | 402.444.6284 - open for pick ups Tuesday-Friday
- Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch | 2100 Reading Plz. | 402.289.4367 - open for pick ups Tuesday & Wednesday
- Millard Branch | 13214 Westwood Ln. | 402.444.4848 - open for pick ups Tuesday-Friday
- Charles B. Washington Branch | 2868 Ames Ave. | 402.444.4849 - open for pick ups Thursday & Friday
- Willa Cather Branch | 1905 S. 44th St. | 402.444.4851 - open for pick ups Tuesday-Friday
Book drops at these locations will be open on the specified days, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Though not open for curbside service, W. Dale Clark Main Library, 215 S. 15th St., 402-444-4800, book drops will be open for returning items Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Based on community response, adjustments will be to the curbside schedule. Visit omahalibrary.org or call 402-444-4800 for the most current information.
Returned items will only be accepted in book drops. Items left on the property, attempted to be handed to a staff member, or left at curbside branch locations will not be accepted. Oversized items that do not fit in the book drop may be returned by mail or retained by patrons until the buildings reopen. Late fees will not be accrued on unreturned library materials while libraries remain closed.
Patrons who would like to return their items by mail may send their materials to W. Dale Clark Main Library, 215 S. 15th St., Omaha, NE 68102.
Returned items will be checked in after three business days and thereafter will no longer appear on a patron’s account.
Learn more about book returns by visiting OPL’s FAQs.
Patrons with library-related questions not pertaining to holds or pick-ups should continue to call 402-444-4800 for assistance, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The most current information about what is happening at OPL will be shared at omahalibrary.org and its social media channels.