Omaha Public Library (OPL) is pleased to announce the introduction of curbside pick-up for library materials beginning Tuesday, May 5. This new service will be offered at five library locations across the metro.
Patrons who would like to take advantage of this service must call their designated location to schedule a time for pick up. Please have your library card number ready when you call. Patrons may continue to place new holds on available items at OPL and borrow up to 40 items per cardholder. These items include books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, seeds and more.
Branches offering curbside pick-up include:
- Milton R. Abrahams Branch | 5111 N. 90th St. | 402.444.6284
- Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch | 2100 Reading Plz. | 402.289.4367
- Millard Branch | 13214 Westwood Ln. | 402.444.4848
- Charles B. Washington Branch | 2868 Ames Ave. | 402.444.4849
- Willa Cather Branch | 1905 S. 44th St. | 402.444.4851
If the branch you normally visit is not offering this service, holds designated to those locations will be rerouted to a branch that does.
- A.V. Sorensen Branch and South Omaha Library holds will be available at Willa Cather Branch.
- Benson Branch, Florence Branch and W. Dale Clark Main Library holds will be available at Charles B. Washington Branch.
- Saddlebrook Branch holds will be available at Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch.
- W. Clarke Swanson Branch holds will be available at Milton R. Abrahams Branch.
For patrons who do not wish to pick up their holds during this time, the holds will not expire. These items on hold will remain on the shelf until the library reopens.
Learn more about the curbside pick-up process by visiting OPL’s FAQs.
Patrons with library-related questions not pertaining to holds or pick-ups should continue to call 402-444-4800 for assistance, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The most current information about what is happening at OPL will be shared at omahalibrary.org and its social media channels.