Virginia Frank Memorial Writing Contest
Original fiction featuring a Library or a Librarian.
- Students must be in 5th to 8th Grade, and live in Douglas, Sarpy, Washington, Dodge or Saunders County.
- Students may be enrolled in public, private, parochial, or home school.
- Entries must be typed and no longer than 750 words.
- Entries must include a cover page with the writer's name, address, phone number, name of school/home school, and grade.
- Entries must be original fiction featuring a library or librarian.
- Due to any branch by close of business on March 1 or submitted online.
- First ($100), second ($50) and third place ($25)
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three winners from each grade.
- The school library of the winning students will be recognized with matching cash prizes.
Mail entries to:
FOPL Virginia Frank Writing Contest
P.O. Box 6032
Omaha, NE 68106
Fame & Glory
Submissions may be posted on the OPL TeenSpace webpage as well as print publications. A Work Permission form must be completed by the teen
Win free college tuition! and your teacher will receive a matching cash prize!
Let NextStepU pay for a year of your college tuition, up to $10,000! To enter, all you have to do is register!
Check out the official rules before entering. Then register to make sure you're entered.